Monday, February 2, 2015

Bimini Moose Challenge - Anything Goes With Optional Twist - Use a Fav Embellishment!

Happy Tuesday! I'm back today to bring you another Pocket Scrapbooking challenge over at BIMINI MOOSE!
Our challenge this time is...
Pocket Scrapbooking - ANYTHING GOES
With an optional twist!
Use Your Favourite Embellishment


Our challenges run for 2 weeks. This one will close on Mon, February 16, @ Noon Eastern time - giving us time to pick a Top 3 for the post the following day with our Next Challenge.

For my Pocket Page layout this week I chose to scrap some pics with a HEART theme from last Valentine's Day, 2014. I love looking back and seeing how much the girls have grown! I used a picture of one of the candies they got on the 6x12 side of one of the pocket pages, layered with other Valentine stickers, cards and papers from my stash. The Love postage stamp is cut from a 12x12 page with lots of Valentine prints on it. I actually pulled out my Postage Stamp Scissors to cut the border on this! Do you still have all those decorative scissors?! One of my favourite embellishments to use right now is Washi tape! Who doesn't love it?! I used some rainbow striped tape from October Afternoon on both of my pages - the colours in this tape go with everything!


I used some stickers from an old Stampin' Up kit I had and really like the look of them layered directly on the pictures.

I used stamps from the Be Mine stamp set by Pretty Cute Stamps on this journalling card.

Aren't these tickets the cutest?! They are from Fancy Pants Design and were included with a Simon Says Stamp Card Kit from last year. I'm so glad I'm getting to use more of them!

I had lots of fun with this layout! I love looking through my stash and finding ways to use things I've had for a while.

Be sure to pop over to Bimini Moose and check out the rest of the DESIGN TEAM and what they have created to inspire you to play along. There will be several posts on the Bimini Moose blog during our challenge, so if you want to see the current challenge, click on the CHALLENGES tab on the blog. If you want to browse through all of the posts with ideas, tutorials, and some personal layouts, click on the HOME tab on that blog.

Thanks so much for joining me!! I love seeing and hearing what you are up to! Hope you're having fun getting ready for this Valentine's Day!

Linked to:
DL Art #149- Thankful Thursday Valentines Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - H is for....(hearts)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - AG
Jo's Scrap Shack - FFC #73 Use A Tool You've Neglected (decorative edged scissors)
613 Avenue Create #109 AG


9 comments:

  1. Great layout Karla your daughter is adorable. I love your love stamp
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout! The stamps, and die cuts are perfect with the precious photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! You put together very pretty pages! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used your stash to create such an adorable layout. Thanks for playing along with Funday Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karla this PL spread is so cute!! It is so fun using things up in our stash that we totally forgot about huh? And how about that, you used deco scissors probably for the first time in so long! It was fun right? Glad you took the challenge and played along with us this week in our Funday Friday challenge!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous ! Super layout.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cute layout. Good for you dusting off your decorative scissors. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving the hearts - thank you for sharing with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete