Monday, July 6, 2015

FCCB #255 - Summer Treats!

Welcome to another Challenge Me Monday...



Challenge #255 Summer Treats
Make a project using your favorite summer treats!

This Weeks Sponsor:



To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.

For my project today I chose a yummy strawberry margarita from the Mixed Drinks Cricut cartridge as my summer treat!  Truly, if I was sitting on the beach sipping this it would be a treat :)

I used the Summer Love cartridge and Design Space with the write feature to draw the beach chair with a gray marker on my blue cardstock. I was then able to colour the image in with coloured pencils. The beach sign was also cut from the Summer Love cartridge. I ran the brown cut through a wood grain embossing folder and added a bit of Distress Paint on top.  


I used some Stickles to add glittery accents to my strawberry and some Glossy Accents to the straw and drink. I had some gold texture paste and used that along the bottom of my card for a sandy look. 

I sure hope you are enjoying your summer so far! We were fortunate enough to spend an awesome weekend at the lake doing some camping and relaxing. 

You can check out what the rest of the design team has come up with over at the FCCB blog http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.ca/ and enter your own project with at least one Cricut cut to win a prize!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Makes me wish I was at the beach right now! :) Have a Crafty Day!

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love the colors you used :)

    ReplyDelete