Monday, February 29, 2016

FCCB #271 - St. Patrick's Day!

 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!


Challenge #271-St. Patricks Day
Make a project with a St. Patricks Day theme.


This Weeks Sponsor



Dreaming Tree SVG's

There will be Three $20 Gift Certificates!

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images. If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!

For my project I've chosen to use the adorable clover treat box by Dreaming Tree, our sponsor, as well as Cricut cuts from the Simply Charmed (lucky & leprechaun cuts) and St. Patrick's Day (rainbow) Cartridges. A bit of Distress Inking gives shading to the edges of my cuts, and then I filled my treat box with Easter grass and used popsicle sticks to create stands for my Cricut cuts so they can pop out of the basket. 

I like to avoid cutting multiple colours of cuts that are tiny, so often I will sync all the small cuts in Cricut Design Space to cut on white cardstock and then colour them myself after. I used alcohol markers to colour in the cheeks, hat buckle and button and sponged on Distress Ink to colour the leprechaun face. I also cut the middle strip of the rainbow white and then sprayed with a gold mist for shimmer. 

I used an older CTMH stamp for the St. Patrick's Day sentiment. I was able to bend the stamp to fit the rainbow since it is a clear stamp.

I stamped a script stamp with Versamark Ink and used Perfect Pearls to add a shimmery gold script on the treat box clovers.

You can find the YouTube tutorial on how to assemble this cute box here

Thanks so much for joining me today! Don't forget to visit our sponsor, Dreaming Tree, as well as stop by the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog to see all the other awesome projects the design team has come up with!

Linked to:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  - AG
DL Art - #175 Frogs and/or Use The Colour Green
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday


4 comments:

  1. OMGOSH - look at how cute that is! Adorable Karla! LOVE it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is awesome! I love the Saint Patrick's Day Treat Box! Your Leprechaun is just so adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super fun explosion box Karla! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!!!! Great job Karla!!!

    ReplyDelete