Monday, February 15, 2016

FCCB #270 - Monochromatic!

Welcome to another Challenge Me Monday...


Challenge #270-Monochromatic
Make a project using a monochromatic color scheme

This Weeks Sponsor: 

Craft Classes Online
The winner will receive one free class (up to $25!)

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.

If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!

For my project, I used the Elegant Edges cartridge to create this sweet pink scalloped frame and the Tie The Knot cartridge for the Love, Ring and Flower (on the envelope) cuts. It was my niece's wedding shower last weekend and I wanted a pretty, girly card for her. I recently picked up this very cute mini Gorjuss Girl stamp and thought this would work perfectly! I used some Distress Ink smooshed on a craft mat and spritzed with water to colour my seam binding ribbon before tying it around the diamond ring. A bit of Glossy Accents added some shine to the pink diamond.

After I watercoloured my image using variations of pink Distress and Tombow Markers, I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and spread on some translucent texture paste that I had coloured with some pink Distress Ink. 

Inside, I added a hand lettered sentiment with my Cricut Calligraphy pen and used the same heart stencil to add some light pink Distress Ink stencilled hearts inside and on the envelope. I had cut the pretty pink flower, but didn't end up using it on the card, so I thought it would look nice on the envelope! 

Thanks so much for joining me today! Now, I need to start thinking about a wedding card!

Linked to:
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday 
DL Art - Thankful Thursday February Linky Challenge



5 comments:

  1. A fun card for a baby girl shower. The soother or rattle is very cute as is the envelope. Thank you so much for joining our 219th challenge at Word Art Wednesday this next fortnight. Your creation is inspiring, beautiful and very much appreciated. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is simply lovely Karla! Wonderful design, great image -:)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing card. I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Karla! The image you chose is adorable and the frame is perfect for it, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Cute Card, I Love Gorjuss Girl Stamps. They remind me of my Grand Daughter. Thanks for Sharing. Have a Nice Day!
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete