Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Kitty Bee Designs - Happy Birthday Laundry Card!

Hi friends! I'm back today to share a sweet little birthday card with you using the adorable Kitty Bee Designs digi stamp! I don't usually do clean and simple, but today I really wanted to focus on this sweet little image and a Distress Oxide background, and I really do love how it turned out! I used blending foam and sponged on Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac and Spun Sugar in a diagonal pattern on Bristol Cardstock. It is a smooth cardstock that is thick enough to withstand some added water. I then spritzed with water and let dry partially before finishing with a heat gun. The Distress Oxides blend beautifully and react with water to create an instant cool background!


I used Prismacolor and Hobby Colour markers, both alcohol based, to colour in the image, which is printed on a 65lb white cardstock base. I then used a Kaisercraft stitched circle die to cut him out and added some white gel pen highlights.


I wrapped some white and purple baker's twine around the background and then layered the image over top, adding foam tape for dimension. I stamped the Lawn Fawn sentiment with purple Archival Ink and added some SpiegelMom Scraps sequins. (don't forget to use the code KARLA15 to save 15% off your purchases at the SMS shop!)


Inside, I added the rest of the sentiment and a few more sequins. If you do a simple Google or Pinterest search for 'laundry quotes' you'll find tons of sentiments you could use!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to head over to the Kitty Bee Designs blog to get loads of inspiration and check out our current challenge at the Aloha Friday Challenge Blog!


3 comments:

  1. thats a cute card.
    new post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/08/spiritime-hand-cream.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE CAS card Karla! That panda is adorable and I love the shading you did on it and around it.... super adorable! Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sweet and adorable, Karla!! The image is so cute!! I love the colors of the background!! And what a fun sentiment!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete