I used some pretty papers from the Boardwalk Collection from BoBunny and layered on my printed and coloured image from the Mermaid Kisses digital stamp set. Alcohol based markers, such as Copics or Prismacolor markers, work well with injet printers. I even added some Stickles and Gelly Roll pens to my project after colouring to add some shimmer.
Inside, I added this adorable sentiment, included in the set!
I've put together a bit of a tutorial to show you how easy it is to print out a layered image using PicMonkey - a free photo editing program you open in your browser - no downloading required.
1. Open PicMonkey and choose EDIT at the top of the screen. A box will pop up allowing you to choose your JPEG image from the images you've downloaded from Pretty Cute Stamps. For this card, I chose the Lounging Mermaid. This opens it on your screen.
2. To the left of your screen you now see the Editor and you can add the stamps you want to overlay. Choose the Butterfly icon which opens Overlays and choose 'Your Own' at the top of the screen. This opens the file folder you just opened the mermaid from.
3. Choose the digital stamp you want to overlay - in the PNG format. I chose the present file - click Open.
4. This opens the digital stamp onto your background (Mermaid). You can resize your image by placing your mouse cursor at one of the corners and making it as small or large as you wish. You can even change the colour and turn your image!
5. I made my present smaller and placed it on her hand as if she was holding it. For my actual card you can see I put a cupcake in her hand and added two layered presents in different sizes at the bottom.
7. You can even add a sentiment directly to the image! When you have your image just the way you want it you can save it by clicking Save at the top of the screen, then Save To My Computer on the left of the screen. MAKE SURE TO SAVE YOUR FILE AS A DIFFERENT NAME THOUGH so you don't overwrite the original file!
Now you can print your file from your computer, colour and enjoy!! Think how cute this image would be printed in a larger size and framed!
Here's a look at this cute digital stamp set!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add Some Shimmer