Monday, March 23, 2015

Paper Dolls and Easter Critters!

I whipped up a couple projects recently to send off to two girls with swap group I'm in. If, like me, you are finding you're getting less and less 'happy mail' lately - a swap group could be just the thing to get involved in! There are lots of different groups on Facebook that you can sign up for and start swapping cards with other lovely ladies - and I'm sure some guys as well.

For my first card I used a Prima Paper Doll stamp by Julie Nutting and paper pieced her outfit after colouring her with Prismacolor Markers. Then I coloured in some adorable Easter critters from the Pretty Cute Stamps Easter Cuties stamp set with Prismacolor Markers and layered them beside this darling girl.


Inside, I used more of the Easter Cuties stamp set - the sweet little chick, Easter eggs and sentiment!


For my second project I made a tag for a swap partner who had send me scraps of papers in a 'scrap swap', using papers she had sent to me. I stamped this Prima Doll directly on a brownish patterned paper and coloured in her hair and skin with Prismacolor Markers again. Then, I paper pieced her dress, hairband and shoes and added some stamped butterflies and a sentiment.


On the back I added another sentiment  and stamps.

I hope you had a lovely weekend and are enjoying your week. I'm looking forward to some warmer temps later in the week, but in the meantime I'll use the cooler weather as an excuse to stay in and do a little more Easter creating!

Linked to:
DL Art - Thankful Thursday #152 - AG
613 Avenue Create - AG
CRAFT challenge - #303 Mother's Day/Female
Sister Act Card Challenge - AG cards
Cookin' & Craftin' - Thursday Link Up
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday


3 comments:

  1. What lovely projects! I love your Easter card the images are so much fun and I like how you combines the coloured pencils with paper! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects. thank you for sharing with us at c.r.a.f.t. Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You create so many cute paper crafts!! Love!! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things Link Party! I hope you come back tomorrow and share some more...I love having you!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete