Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Distress Marker Sticker Smooshing!

Morning Crafty Peeps! Hope you're enjoying a wonderful week so far. Today, I'm sharing a technique I've named Distress Marker Sticker Smooshing ;) I had some cute, but plain stickers in my stash and just thought they needed some oomph. Of course, what do you do when anything needs oomph? Distress It! I used some bright colours of markers and rubbed them on an acrylic stamp block, one at a time, before spritzing the block with water. Then I simply turned the block over and smooshed it onto my sticker paper, repeating as desired!


To bring it up a notch I then stamped over top with Archival Ink. Now it's ready to add to a card or put into some Happy Mail for a friend!

For these pretty round stickers I chose a few different colours of Distress Markers and some CTMH Stamps.

I love the watercolour look this technique gives - even on sticker paper!

A few more CTMH sentiment stamps and a few different marker colours work perfectly for this sheet.

I can see these working for a scrapbook page too!

Thanks so much for joining me today! I'd love to hear what you think adding a little Distress love to would make it better! Have an awesome day and be sure to check back Wednesday morning to see a Sneak Peek at this month's release from Pretty Cute Stamps!!


1 comment:

  1. What a FUN way to spruce up some regular stickers! LOVE the idea! And your card turned out wonderful! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete