Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pretty Cute Stamps August New Release Blog Hop!

Thanks so much for joining us for the August 2016 Digital Stamp Release Blog Hop, where we are all sharing projects featuring the new digital stamps this month that are now available in the Pretty Cute Stamps Store!



If you came from Larissa's Blog - Muffins and Lace, you are in the right place. If you just stumbled across this post and would like to start from the beginning, please visit the Pretty Cute Stamps Blog

For my project for the hop, I've used the Little Sweetie stamp set to create a cover for my Dylusions Art Journal! I've wanted to decorate the cover for my art journal for a very long time, but just couldn't decide on what I wanted. When I saw this adorable cupcake girl image, I knew it was perfect!


I first layered some pretty papers from the Pink Paislee Fancy Free collection and Mod Podged them onto my journal. Then I gessoed the remaining spots on the background, which added a white painted layer. After printing my Little Sweetie out onto white cardstock, I printed her again onto the patterned paper I wanted for her hair and dress. I cut out the 'sweet' sentiment and added it to a Fancy Free circle and tore around the printed Cherry On Top sentiment. How cute is this sentiment?!!


I've been having so much fun taking the Online Card Class Creative Chemistry 103 and learning some new techniques using my Distress Crayons, so I definitely wanted to incorporate them on my Art Journal! I used several different stencils to apply texture paste to my background. After the paste dried I added a layer of Collage Medium by Tim Holtz and when that dried the inky fun started!

I lightly rubbed the Distress Crayons onto my textured background and smudged it around with my finger. I love the way it blends with the other colours and highlights the stenciled areas!

I added Stickles to the cherry and Little Sweetie's lips, earrings and jewelry - because a girl's gotta have bling!

I used Prismacolor and Hobby Colour Markers, which are alcohol based, to colour in all the areas that I didn't paper piece, and then used the markers to highlight my paper piecing.

Here's a look at this super sweet stamp!
Little Sweetie


Blog Candy!! There is a $15 Gift Certificate to the PCS Store available to win! All you need to do is:
1) Comment on each of the blogs. 
2) For extra chances to win you can LIKE Pretty Cute Stamps on Facebook and/or sign up for the Pretty Cute Stamps mailing list. (Leave an extra comment for each on the Pretty Cute Stamps blog as your entry)
A random winner will be chosen on Tuesday, August 16, 2016.

Be sure to check the Pretty Cute Stamps Store to pick up your favorite sets!

 August 2016 New Releases

There is also a FREEBIE digital stamp available for you today at the Pretty Cute Stamps blog!


Wonky Cake

Now, you can head over to the next stop on the hop- Tasha's Blog - Crafty Pink Pixie!

If you get lost along the way, here's the lineup!

10 comments:

  1. Love all the texture on this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the different textures and colors on your background. Cute card'

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness that is adorable, love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this turned out amazing! I love the textures and colors! The background is fabulous and oh my gosh, that little sweeties is adorable!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the texture and patterns going on here, Karla, so fun! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that your enjoying your class! I agree that a girls gotta have her bling. Fun art journal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like all the patterns and colors! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just soooo PRETTY Karla! LOVE that background and the new digi stamp image!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful mixed media card and love all the details!!

    ReplyDelete