Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Ombre Technique with Alcohol Inks!

I've been rewatching a lot of the videos lately from the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101 and 102 classes from Online Card Classes, and I came across this neat technique using alcohol inks. I love using alcohol inks, but they're one of those things that I forget about using all the time!

I started with a piece of glossy cardstock and used the felt pads to layer on three different colours of alcohol inks from light to dark, swiping across my tag and slightly overlapping each colour to blend it all together. I took a metal heart piece from my stash and covered it with several colours of alcohol inks, including the gold mixative, with a felt pad. I filled in the heart in the centre with Glossy Accents and sprinkled glitter on in three coordinating colours.

I stamped with Archival black ink over the alcohol inked background, using several stamps at different angles. A bit of translucent embossing paste with a Tim Holtz stencil and some clear glitter on top gives it some pretty texture.

I added some blue ribbon and a cute paperclip along with some pretty yarn and ribbons at the top of my tag and then added a friendship pin. Do you remember these?! I made them when I was a kid, and just thought the other day this would be a fun thing for my girls to do. 

Erica loves making these cute little pins! All you need are safety pins and beads- which you probably have in your stash! 

A few sequins attached with Glossy Accents and my pretty tag was good to go!

Thanks so much for joining me today! I'm busy now watching Creative Chemistry 103, and will definitely be back with lots to share from that. Hope you have an awesome week!

Linked to:
SSS Wednesday Challenge - AG


2 comments:

  1. Sooooo PRETTY! LOVE the colors on your tag... Beautifully done.. and so nice to have a little helper add some creativity to it as well! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful blues and your sparkly heart - great tag! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete