Thursday, August 4, 2016

Smile Lawn Fawn Birthday Card!

Well, I'm just having so much fun over at Tim Holtz' Creative Chemistry 103 this week that I had to use two of his techniques from Day 1 on this card!

One of the techniques for Day 1 was Distress DIY Ombre. That inspired me to get out this Dylusions customizable ink pad that I've had in my stash for a while! It's a foam pad that you can add your own inks to. Since I don't have many Distress Reinkers like Tim used in his instructions I thought I'd use my Dylusions sprays. I masked each strip off with paper before spraying with my desired ink spray colour and created this fun and bright ink pad. This pad is fully washable, so you can change it whenever you want.

I used my new ink pad to stamp on several different types of paper with a couple different stamps. Love it!

I added a background of patterned paper from the Fancy Free collection and then layered my chevron stamped inky background, cut into 3 pieces on top. Behind my watercolour birthday background, using Year Three and Love You A Latte stamps, I added lots of fun patterned paper layers and handcut a little banner, adding the smile sentiment.
 
The second technique I used from Day 1 was Distress Off Set Stamping. I stamped these adorable Lawn Fawn stamps on watercolour paper, using Antique Linen Distress Ink and masking to create this little birthday scene. I am totally craving cake now ;) I watercoloured my images in by smooshing my Distress Inks on a craft sheet and using my waterbrush to pick up the ink. The Antique Linen ink allows you to get the 'no line colouring' effect. After colouring in I went back over my image and stamped with black Archival Ink. You can see it doesn't quite line up, which gives it that little off set watercolour look!

Inside, I used the sentiment stamp from the birthday stamp set, Year Three, and used papers from Paige Evans' Fancy Free collection again.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you're enjoying a crafty week, and some lovely weather.

Linked to:
SSS Monday Challenge - Celebrate
Lawnscaping Challenge - Patterned Palooza #135
Mojo Monday - Sketch #459



4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! So creative & Cool! LOVE the Chevron background you created... and nice Distress off stamp Technique too.... very cool card!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesoem card! I am so glad you played along with the
    mojo monday sketch!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious card, Karla! That mustache on the cup just makes me smile! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I really love this card! The coloring is so stunning! Thank you so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete