Monday, April 24, 2017

Butterfly Birthday Wishes!

Hi friends! So sorry I've been away for a few days! Last week we had Grandma come and stay for the week and my oldest daughter, Stephanie, who has been travelling, surprised us on Easter Sunday by coming home!! I had lots of bloggy crafty plans, but decided to put them aside for a week and take some family time.

I do want to share this pretty birthday card with you that I made for my sister's birthday last month. I was at a scrapbook crop and decided to use some of the BoBunny papers I was working with on a layout to make a birthday card. The background paper is just so lovely with the birds, flora and butterflies!

I had also been playing around with some Distress Oxide Inks and turned the background I was working on into a tag base for my focal image. The Oxide Inks also worked to watercolour my rosette ribbon lace a wonderful violet colour!

Inside, I stamped a birthday wish and layered a fussy cut mason jar from the BoBunny collection. The purple DOX ink stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment wonderfully!

A piece of dyed silk ribbon tied up my tag and a bit of Confetti Stickles added some bling to the butterfly from the BoBunny cut apart sheet. I'm very happy to say my sister loved her card!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Wishing you a wonderful, crafty week!

Linked to:
Linked to:
DL Art - Thankful Thursday April Linky Challenge
SSS Wednesday Challenge - Showers/Flowers


10 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Karla... Your card is beautiful! LOVE the background paper.. so pretty! How exciting to have your oldest surprise you! I think that's awesome! You can craft ANYTIME! Visiting with Family is always #1 in my book! I hope she's visiting for awhile.. :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Karla! Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Karla!! The papers are beautiful!! I love the tag and the pretty butterfly!! Your sister will adore this!! How fun to have your daughter surprise you!! I hope you had a wonderful time together!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely mix, Karla! And a perfect entry for our theme this week - thank you for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Fun Day Friday challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Love all the details inside and out that make this card extra special. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous. Love all your layers.TFS and joining our challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. Love those roses. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful floral and butterfly card. I love the Mason jar inside too. Thank you for joining the DL.ART April Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Karla, your card is beautiful. I love the gorgeous silk ribbon. thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting
    ~DT Deb xx

    ReplyDelete