Saturday, April 15, 2017

Easter Greetings!

Happy Saturday! I've got a bright Easter treat bag and tag as well as a few more cards to share with you before Easter.  These sweet digital stamp images from Pretty Cute Stamps were so fun to work with I ended up making lots of fun projects this week. Just check the last few days for more ideas on how to use the new March release stamps!

I always make a special treat bag up for my niece, Sydney, for Easter, and of course I wanted to decorate it! I took a gift bag and layered some papers on it before adding some images from the EGGSellent digi stamp set. Adding some foam dots on different areas always adds some interest.

I've been playing with my Distress Oxide Inks lately and had this tag in my stash just waiting for the right project! I used a stencil, adding some purple dots and used a bit of washi tape on the bottom before layering a sentiment from the digi set. Some pretty sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps  added sparkle to both my tag and bag. I absolutely love the little mini flowers <3

Next up, I made these three cards for my youngest daughter, Erica's, preschool teachers using the EGGSellent digi stamp set and colouring with Prismacolor and Hobby Colour Markers.

I used PicMonkey to layer the eggs, add the cracks and even colour the sentiment before printing them on a lightweight white cardstock.

I had some pretty Easter coloured papers in my stash and combined them to create a pretty card front. A few foam dots pop up different elements on the cards.

Inside, I used sentiments from the Pretty Cute Stamps Chocolate Bunny and Easter Blessings digi stamp sets. I print them all out of white cardstock at once and cut them out individually before using some Distress Inks to add some shading.

The last project I used the EGGSellent digi stamp set on was these quick and easy cards for some little family friends. Some pretty sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps adds a bit of bling! Aren't these colours beautiful?!!

I opened up a Project Life card (from the PL app on my phone that I had previously saved) in PicMonkey and then added the digital images from the Pretty Cute Stamps sets. By choosing the PNG version of each sentiment and image I was able to layer them, similar to a masking technique with traditional stamping. It really is very easy and fun! I changed the colour of the sentiments as well. When the stamps were layered as I wanted I printed them out, four to a page on white printer paper and glued them to my card bases.

Here's a look at the finished cards, with sequins and a bit of colour using coloured pencils on the bows.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a very Happy Easter!!

Linked to:
SSS Wednesday Inspiration - Spring Color Inspiration
DL Art - Thankful Thursday April Linky Challenge
Word Art Wednesday - #278/#279 AG
If You Give A Crafter A Cookie - photo inspiration
Always Fun Challenges - #1 AG
Let's Craft & Create - #124 Easter/April Showers/Spring



14 comments:

  1. so creative.. Happy easter
    Happy Easter
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/2017/04/how-to-style-track-pants-and-fascinator.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are all so fabulous!! I love those eggs and the designs of everything!! So fun!! Happy Easter!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us!
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craftaholics, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I sure you and your family had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've had tons of fun making these Easter cards. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie. Sandy/Cookie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH! Those are EGG-stra ADORABLE cards/project!!! Super CUTE!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you were a busy woman!! That bag is adorable and is the perfect packaging for a little Easter gift for your niece! and those cards are just the cutest things; I love those little eggs! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun projects. WOW you did a ton of Easter Crafting and all of your projects are cool. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lucky is your niece! Your gift bag, tag and cards are all so creative and adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous Easter projects! Just adorable. Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft and Create
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. Happy crafting!
    Catherine x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet, so funny! A great idea for my children for next Easter :) Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft and Create!
    Catherine DT

    ReplyDelete