Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Timepiece Father's Day Card!

Hello! I'm back today to share a Father's Day card using Pinterest as inspiration. A friend came over last week and we chose a card we liked the style of and spent the morning doing a little crafting. I layered some Canvas Corp Ivory Cardstock and some black cardstock over a kraft cardbase cut to a 5 1/2" square. Then I used a black and white print from the Canvas Corp Black and Ivory 5x7 paper pad (there are so many options with the B&W prints) and added some SpiegelMom Scraps Natural Burlap String, a button, and some leafy diecuts from the newest Tim Holtz Funky Floral Set 3.


I found an older CTMH stamp set that included the sentiment and timepiece stamp so I used Distress Oxide Ink and spritzed it lightly with water before stamping the watch to create a slightly watercoloured look. I also splattered some ink with a paintbrush onto the background and then stamped the sentiment with Archival Black Ink. I used a bit of Ivory paint to coat the grooves of the metal embellishment before adding it on top of the card.


Inside I stamped a simple Father's Day sentiment.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a fantastic week and get a little crafty time to play this week!

Linked to:
SSS Wednesday Challenge - For The Boys



4 comments:

  1. Wow, you finished such a gorgeous and elegant masculine card, Karla! Love to read the detailed making process that you shared and I love that damask background so much. I also love how you added sentiment, time needle, twine and buttons, which are all lovely details to look at. Great vintage card as well.
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Marge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the masculine design and the vintage look!! It's so fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Vintage masculine card! I love the clock and the neat paper.. very cool!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the way you stamped the clock! :)

    ReplyDelete