Thursday, February 21, 2019

Paper Doll Canvas with Gyspy Seamstress Papers!

Hello! I am so excited to share a pretty canvas with you that I created for the Canvas Corp Brands blog using the gorgeous 7gypsies Gypsy Seamstress Mixed Media Pad. I love vintage sewing ephemera, and this collection is full of just that! I'm always reminded of my grandmother, who loved to sew and draw my sister and me paper dolls, and this canvas was the perfect combination of those two things! Be sure to check out the video below where you can get a look at exactly what is in this beautiful Mixed Media Pad.


I used Mod Podge to add layers of the pretty papers to a canvas after inking the edges with Distress Oxide Ink, and I created some dimension by using foam tape and curling edges. This cute Julie Nutting paper doll was just perfect to add to the top of the canvas!


I used some Tattered Angels mists to add colour to the rick rack from my stash, and even added a vintage package of the rick rack that I found in my ribbon drawer. A bit of Glossy Accents added a realistic effect to the buttons and snaps I cut from the patterned papers.


Here's a look at everything you get in this beautiful Gypsy Seamstress Mixed Media Pad in the video below!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to head over to the Canvas Corp Brands blog to get a supply list and see what all the other Crew Members came up with for this challenge!



2 comments:

  1. That is such a cool vintage style canvas! LOVE the Paper doll and all the ephemera! I can totally see this hanging on a wall in a craft space or in a room for sewing.. Heck.. in any room really! Just has a cool look to it! Have a great weekend Karla!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is so amazing!! I love all of the vintage details and the beautiful Prima doll!! This is gorgeous, Karla!! So creative and gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete