Monday, March 7, 2016

Summer Pool Layout!

I've been having so much fun with the Ready Sketch Go online class from Tracie Claiborne and Jen Schow! They are both so super talented and it's awesome to be able to see their takes on each sketch. This is my first layout following sketch #1.

I found some photos of my daughter I had printed in a 5x7 format when she was about 3. They are some of my favourite photos I had taken at the time and I just hadn't scrapbooked them yet. I love this cute one of her with the bright yellow, red, pink and aqua blue colours, and I was really excited to use these papers from the My Minds Eye collection along with some Carta Bella papers and stickers. The colours of the papers and stickers coordinated perfectly with the photo! 

Over at the Mercy Tiara FB group, the March 27 day challenge is to use something you've been hoarding. I have realized I have trouble using pretty papers up that I feel won't be the main focus of the page. It seems so hard to cut them and put them behind a photo, even though they look wonderful there and the whole point is to enhance a photo- not scrapbook a piece of paper, lol! So I forced myself to cut these papers up- although I did cut out the centre of the papers that you wouldn't see so I could use them on a card! 



My title was a sticker from the Carta Bella sticker sheet. It was nice to be able to find a happy home for some of these lovely stickers! I stitched along the outside of my layout and this along with the layers of papers and ephemera gives it a great 'Touchy Feely' texture!

I cut a couple cute cameras and speech bubbles out of some Fancy Pants Design paper and layered my embellishments together. I love journaling right on my page, so this design worked great! 

Thanks so much for joining me today! Please check out both the Ready Sketch Go class - there is so much amazing content - sketches, videos, print-outs, a private FB group! As well as the Mercy Tiara 27 day challenge group for monthly challenges and inspiration! 

Linked to:
Shimelle's blog- make your own challenge based on comments - Natalie's comment: use lots of white space and layers
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  - Touchy Feely (stitching and layers)
DL Art - Thankful Thursday March Link Up
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday


3 comments:

  1. Such an awesome layout! I love the photos, such gorgeous memories.

    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a FABULOUS Design Karla! LOVE the embellishments and great pic!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations


    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely scrapbook page, I so like your layout. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Crafting From The Heart Challenge.

    ReplyDelete