Thursday, March 28, 2019

Free Hugs Repurposed Plant Pot and Video!

Hello! I'm back today to share a sweet little no fuss diecut cactus and DIY plant pot. I really do love having plants in my house, but... and not for lack of trying... they never survive 😢 It is really safer for all those sweet plants out there if I stick to the faux variety, lol. So, I decided to craft a cute cactus from a Cricut cut using my Cricut Explore. Of course, this little guy needed a lovely home, so I repurposed a clay pot I had laying around my house with the Tattered Angels Naturally Aged Paint System Bare Metal Weathered Bronze. This is a super cool set of 4 paints/mists that combine to create a bronzed metal look. When combined with the clay pot it looks so awesome!

I used the Cricut Cartridge Cactus Love to cut this sweet 3D plant. It is really easy to put together. I added a Prima Flower and a little cork butterfly with some gems and sequins from Buttons Galore. I happened to have a styrofoam cone in my stash and cut it down to fit inside the pot. Instead of leaving it white I added some Tattered Angels Kraft High Impact Paint and then covered it with Emerald Creek's Baked Texture Dirty Sand Embossing Powder by Seth Apter. I love when I can use a product for more than its intended purpose, and this Dirty Sand Powder looks amazingly like sand when it's dry! I just sprinkled it on and glued it down with some tacky glue before adding my cactus.


I've been experimenting with cutting vinyl with my Cricut more - I know, that's not anything new, but for some reason I thought it was harder than it was! I'm really loving it and thought this free hugs was super cute! It's from the Humming In My Garden cartridge.


You can see how everything came together in the full process video HERE or click below:


Thanks so much for stopping by! You can find this project and see what other Crew Members came up with for this fun spring pot challenge over on the Creative Studio Blog. You may just want to create something crafty using some fun pots around your own home!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love it!! So cute!! What a fun project!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally LOVE it! Like you, I have a black thumb (that's what I call it) and it's safer for all the plants out there if I don't try any more! This is such a fun idea with repurposing your clay pot. It's pleasing to the eye and it won't die on you! Beautiful work Karla!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete