Saturday, August 24, 2019

Happy Fall Owl Teacher Card!

Hello friends! I can't believe how quickly August is flying by! It's all too easy for bedtimes to be pushed a bit later and the girls seem to adjust to sleeping in all to quickly. With back to school coming September 2nd, I'm feeling the need to try to get back to a bit of a routine while still enjoying the warm weather and lazy days. We spent the last few days doing lots of organizing - I know when I get that feeling I need to grab a hold of it since I'll run out of steam or time soon enough. The funny thing about organizing is it's addictive! Pretty soon the girls are cleaning their rooms and Mike's cleaning the garage... and then we are all left feeling great about our accomplishments. Now, don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of spaces left to purge, clean and organize, but for right now there's a few very tidy areas that have me smiling every time I walk by them. When I'm feeling the need for a little break I just grab a few crafty supplies and colour up some cute images, which today turned into a very sweet teacher card ready to tuck into a new backpack for the first day back to school.


I started off with a Distress Oxide Inked background from a piece of paper I was playing with a few days ago. I used my craft mat to squish the inks on my mat, spritzed them with water and dipped my paper in, drying in between dips until I had an effect I liked. I had a CTMH alphabet embossed folder which I used to emboss the background and then sponged on some brown Oxide Ink to highlight the raised areas. 


The cute owls from the Lawn Fawn So Owlsome Set are coloured on Bristol Cardstock with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I used some white gel pen to add highlights and added Glossy Accents to the green apple. I used a Happy Fall Line Border diecut sentiment that was included in one of the SCT Sampler Packs and added trees and a small cloud from the Lawn Fawn Center Window Picture Card Die and Add On sets along with Studio Katia Clouds cut from some pre-inked papers in my stash. The larger apple is from the CTMH School Kids Stamp Set. 


Inside, I used a 'hello' sentiment from Hello Bluebird Just Sayin', 'teacher' from Studio Katia Kobi Loves School, and you're owlsome' from the Lawn Fawn So Owlsome set. I love how well these all worked together!


I had fun pulling out all my teacher/back to school stamps and crafty goodies to create a cute card. Just by having a few different sets in front of me at a time I was able to combine them and their sentiments for a lot more options. Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful, crafty weekend!


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the colors of the background and the embossing!! The owls are adorable!! So perfect for a teacher!! I need to catch the cleaning bug...my craft room is a disaster area!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty Card! I love the owl and apple and the cool background you made... Fantastic back to school card! I'm glad you found time to organize... I feel the same... when I get in a mood I just have to do it or I'll lose steam... my down side to that is I can't stop til it's all completed... Sometimes that's not a good thing - especially if I started at like 8am and I'm still organizing at 10pm that night... a little OCD over here! LOL

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete