Saturday, January 18, 2020

Kraftin' Kimmie Saturday Challenge #514 - Happy Birthday!

Hello, hello!! I hope you've all been having a wonderful week so far! It's been super cold here in Alberta, Canada, but it's looking like the temp will be a bit more comfortable over the next few days! I've been staying in and getting crafty though for this week's challenge over on the Kraftin' Kimmie Blog - our theme is Happy Birthday! Who doesn't love a birthday card? 💗 I can always use more in my stash, so this was an easy one...


I'm using the brand new Happy Hedgehogs stamp set from the January Release. This is perfect not only for Valentines, but I thought the balloon was great for a birthday card, and how many sweet friendship cards could you also make... and think about a sweet bookmark or bookstore gift card holder with that little book reading hedgehog!


After stamping this cutie on bristol cardstock with Wicked Black Krafty Kolours Ink, which is Copic friendly and waterproof, I made a few masks with a sticky note and added four more balloons. I simply used a black marker to draw in the string. I used a watercolour palette to colour the images in and cut it out with a Sizzix dotted oval die.


I used some coordinating papers, diecut ephemera and stickers from a couple SCT Sampler Packs to finish creating my card after stamping the sweet sentiment from the Happy Hedgehogs set. You'll see the sketch I was inspired by below! I added a few of the beautiful Lovey Dots, some Stickles and used Glossy Accents to create a domed effect over the balloons.


Here are the details:

Each and every Saturday we post a brand new challenge for the week and you are welcome to enter as many times as you like!
These must be new creations and you are welcome to use any stamp however using Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and products will earn you double entries! The monthly prize is a $40 gift voucher to the krafty shop!!! Woohoo!


There are TWO ways to enter....you can link up your creation at the bottom of the Happy Birthday Challenge post on the Kraftin' Kimmie Blog AND you can upload your photo to the album in our Krafty Friends facebook group!
We also have a sketch to inspire you for the month of January! Feel free to use it any time you like when you need a little kickstart to your creative process!

Also...
Don't miss our Frugal Friday Specials this weekend! We've got a selection of our fun products for 40% OFF until Sunday night and while supplies last!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out the links below for lots of birthday inspiration. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and I can't wait to see what you create!! Happy kraftin'!


Linked to:
Seize The Birthday #181 Optional Stencils


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, my favorite cards to make

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday card is adorable and I love that you did some masking to add more balloons... what a great way to get more use out of your stamp set! CUTE!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete